HJS Universal Tuning Catalysts
Catalyst components for building exhaust systems. HJS universal tuning catalysts have been developed on the basis of our motorsport catalysts. Our 200 cpsi catalysts are the right component for self-designed exhaust systems. You will achieve higher horsepower with less backpressure without having problems with your EOBD or MOT inspection. The specially designed HJS cones provide an ideal exhaust gas flow into the catalyst, which contributes to optimal power performance. HJS generic catalysts must be approved by your Department of Transportation prior to initial use.
The vehicle exhaust emission characteristic will be influenced from different factors like engine performance, capacity, power range, exhaust temperatures and vehicle weight. For any installation of exhaust systems out of the applicable range please note that the indicated Euro norms are to be understood as a recommendation and help for system lay out only.
In this context HJS cannot guarantee that the required Euro standards will be achieved.
Dimensions of the drawings are state in mm
Converter replacement tips for Universal Tuning Catalysts
- It is important that the correct converter for the application is used. The selection of the universal catalytic converter is based on the engine capacity, the power and the emission standard.
- Make sure the replacement converter is installed in the same location as the OEM.
- If the replacement unit is shorter than the OEM, try to keep the front brick as close to the OEM location as possible.
- Install the oxygen sensor as close to the OEM location as possible.
- Always check for leaks after a replacement has been completed.