HJS Environmental Policy
As a guiding principle, protection of the environment and human health enjoys a permanent place in the values of our society. Politicians, businesses and citizens alike see it as a key undertaking for the future. This is borne out by the current debate on climate change und the threats to humankind and the environment from exhaust emissions.
In Germany, environmental protection technologies are of a high standard. German products and technologies lead the way internationally and set global standards.
HJS Guiding Principle
HJS Emission Technology GmbH & Co. KG identified very early on the challenges connected with environmental protection. And it's from this recognition that our core business has grown: innovative environmental protection technologies for reducing pollutant emissions from combustion engines deployed in cars, commercial vehicles and non-road machinery.
Responsibility for the environment isn't merely a factor that influences the conceptual formulation of our products. We also employ cutting-edge technologies in the development, manufacture and disposal of our products, in order to conserve resources and ease the burden on the environment.
Environmental protection is already a matter of course in HJS-internal processes and is further promoted by the following principles:
- We comply with all valid environment legislation.
- All environment-related activities are continuously optimised by means of systematic monitoring and targeted prevention of environmental pollution.
- We are constantly developing and improving our production methods to ensure that they have as small an impact on the environment as possible. This includes giving preference to locally available raw materials.
- We develop and manufacture environment-friendly products and pay special attention to their usage phase and their subsequent recycling.
- The efficient use of natural resources, energy and land is self-evident for HJS.
- All employees are obliged to conduct themselves in a manner compatible with the environment and bear responsibility for doing so.
- Our suppliers and contractual partners are also fully aware of and respect HJS's environment policy.
- We openly and actively seek to communicate with all parties interested in the activities of HJS.
HJS would like to demonstrate to the public at large, customers and suppliers that it is feasible for an industrial concern to engage in environmental protection and that doing so leads to successes that improve both our quality of life and our economic performance in the long term.
Recycling system for the automotive industry
As a partner of PARTSLIFE GmbH, HJS takes advantage of the system's wide range of environmental management services.
PARTSLIFE is an initiative set up by independent automotive parts manufacturers and dealer cooperatives, which now has more than 50 contracted system partners from the automotive parts industry and trade. The key focus of the system is responsibility for the disposal and recycling of the products made and sold by these automotive parts manufacturers and dealers. It ensures that the legal provisions laid down in, for example, the EU End-of-Life Vehicle (ELV) Regulation and Germany's Kreislaufwirtschafts- und Abfallgesetz (Waste Management and Recycling Act) are met.
Together with its contractually tied and certified specialist disposal partners, PARTSLIFE concentrates on:
- waste avoidance/recycling
- waste disposal
Martin-Behaim-Straße 2 - D-63263 Neu-Isenburg
Phone + 49 (0) 61 02/8 12 92-0
Fax + 49 (0) 61 02/8 12 92-29
Visit PARTSLIFE : www.partslife.de